A to Z Index:
  • Share this page
    facebook Twitter LinkedIn Google Plus E-mail


Welfare Reform Act

On 8 March 2012 the Welfare Reform Act received Royal Assent.
The Act legislates for the biggest changes to the welfare system for over 60 years.

Find out more about the Welfare Reform Changes.

Council Tax Benefit

Council Tax Reduction

If you're on a low income, you may be entitled to some help towards paying your council tax

Find out how to apply.

Housing Benefit

Housing Benefit

Housing Benefit helps people on a low income pay their rent.Find out how to apply.

Change in Circumstances

Change in Circumstances

Find out more about your responsibility to notify changes in your circumstances and the ways you can report this to us.

Pension Credit

Pension Credit

Pension Credit is an entitlement for people aged 60 or over living in Great Britain.

Free School Meals

Free School Meals

If you receive housing benefit and/or council tax reduction, you may also be entitled to free school meals.


Disputes & Appeals

You can dispute or appeal if you are unsure or unhappy about how your benefit has been calculated.

Financial Difficulties

Financial Difficulties

We offer a range of services, support and advice relating to financial issues.


Contact Us

Details on how to reach us via email, phone and post. Also find out where your nearest benefit office is.

Scottish Welfare Fund

Are you faced with a crisis and require financial assistance for essential living expenses or items?

Find out more and apply for a Crisis or Community Care Grant.

Online Benefit Claim and Calculator

Find out how much Housing Benefit and Council Tax Reduction you may be entitled to and then claim online. It's quick, easy and secure.

For more information about internet access in Aberdeenshire click here
Second Adult Rebate

Discretionary Housing Payments

If you are in receipt of Housing Benefit and struggling to pay your rent Aberdeenshire Council may be able to give you further financial assistance.

Local Housing Allowance (LHA)

Local Housing AllowanceLHA applies to all new housing benefit claims from tenants renting accommodation from private landlords.