Markethill Primary, Turriff
Aberdeenshire Council's Education, Learning and Leisure Service has identified that Markethill Primary School in Turriff will not be able to cope with the rising roll in the near future. As a result of this it has been agreed that a replacement Markethill Primary School will be built in the town.
To date a series of stakeholder meeting have been held with members of the Turriff community. Below you will find two of the presentations that were delivered at the Stakeholder meetings which discuss the potential site options for the school; and minutes from the June 2011 stakeholder meeting.
- 2011-06-14 Markethill Stakeholder Briefing (pdf 1.2MB)
- Markethill Stakeholder Group Minutes 14.6.2011 (word 75kb)
- 2011-08-17 Markethill Stakeholder Briefing (pdf 670kb)
This will give you an idea of the next stages of the development, and some of the key events that need to take place.
- Gateway 1: Policy & Resources Committee on 15 September 2011 to agree project parameters, preferred site option and budget costs
- Gateway 2: Design development and report to P&R Committee.
- Community Consultation Events regarding Community, Sport and Leisure facilities
- Major Development Planning Application - Public Consultation Meeting
- Gateway 3: Design taken forward, Planning Application and tendering process and appointment of Contractor
- Formal Planning Application to be submitted
- Gateway 4: 2015-16 Construction and delivery of project. Occupancy 2017
Consultation under the Schools (Consultation) (Scotland) Act 2010
As we are planning to relocate Markethill Primary to a new site in Turriff, we will be required to undertake a statutory consultation with parent, pupils, staff and the wider community. This consultation will ask whether closing the existing primary school and opening the new school once the building work is complete will meet the needs of the Turriff community for primary education. The dates of the consultation have not been decided yet, but this will be communicated in due course, and full details will be made available from this webpage.