You must continue to pay your Business Rates while your appeal is being considered
Business Rates Appeals
You may appeal about the following Business Rates matters:
- If we are charging you Business Rates and you do not think that you are the person who should pay
- If you think you should get a discount and we are not giving you one, or we are not giving you the correct amount of discount
Appeals must be made within 2 months of the date of the demand notice which is being appealed.
To appeal please write to:
- The Director of Business Services,
Po Box 18533, Inverurie, AB51 5WX .
You or your representative must sign your appeal and it must contain the following information:
- Your name, address and the date
- The address of your property (if different)
- The reference number shown on your Business Rates bill and the date of issue
- Your reasons for appealing and any evidence and/or information that supports your appeal
- If a representative signs for you, they must also include their name and address
We will consider your appeal and let you know our decision as soon as we can. If you are not happy with our decision, you may be able to appeal to the Valuation Appeal Committee.
Rateable Value Appeals
You may be able to appeal against the rateable value of your property as shown on your bill.
New owners, tenants or occupiers may appeal within 6 months of taking over a property and where the Assessor alters the Valuation Roll (by making a new entry or changing the value). The appeal must be lodged within 6 months of the date of the Valuation Notice.
Appeals may be lodged at any time on the grounds of error or in the event of a material change of circumstances.
Valuation Appeals should be made to:
Tel: 01224 664360
Mitchell Burnett House
Tel: 01261 815516
Please contact the Grampian Assessor if you require further information