A to Z Index:
  • Share this page
    facebook Twitter LinkedIn Google Plus E-mail

I think someone I know may have a problem with drugs and/or alcohol, what help is available?

Man Drinking a Pint of BeerIf you are concerned about someone you know, contact your local social work office to find out about our drug and /or alcohol services and to speak to our substance misuse team.

You can apply for this service if you are in need of help and support because of your dependency on drugs and / or alcohol, and you want to do something about it.

Treatment is given to those who most need it first. We also have specialist social workers who will work with people vulnerable to drugs and alcohol misuse, such as homeless people.

Carers, friends and relatives may also be able to get support and advice.


Voluntary agency contacts

We fund a number of voluntary agencies that may be able to assist. They will accept self referrals.

  • Advocacy North East - Tel: 01467 651604
  • The Aberdeenshire Alcohol and Drug Action Team - Oversee the strategic development of drug and alcohol responses. Email: info@gadat.org


Useful contacts

  • National Drugs Helpline 0800 77 66 00
    Free and confidential telephone helpline giving information about drugs and drug abuse. Open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
  • Drinkline Scotland 0800 7 314 314 i
    Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Trained operators can offer advice and support on any alcohol concerns, and put you in touch with local services.
  • Re-Solv National Helpline 01785 810762

top of page