I think someone I know may have a problem with drugs and/or alcohol, what help is available?
You can apply for this service if you are in need of help and support because of your dependency on drugs and / or alcohol, and you want to do something about it.
Treatment is given to those who most need it first. We also have specialist social workers who will work with people vulnerable to drugs and alcohol misuse, such as homeless people.
Carers, friends and relatives may also be able to get support and advice.
Voluntary agency contacts
We fund a number of voluntary agencies that may be able to assist. They will accept self referrals.
- Alcohol Support Ltd - Tel: 01224 573887
- Drugs Action - Helpline: 01224 594700
- Turning Point (Scotland) - Northern Horizons - Tel: 01779 470490
- Advocacy North East - Tel: 01467 651604
- The Aberdeenshire Alcohol and Drug Action Team - Oversee the strategic development of drug and alcohol responses. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- National Drugs Helpline 0800 77 66 00
Free and confidential telephone helpline giving information about drugs and drug abuse. Open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Drinkline Scotland 0800 7 314 314 i
Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Trained operators can offer advice and support on any alcohol concerns, and put you in touch with local services.
- Re-Solv National Helpline 01785 810762