Property and Facilities Management
Property has responsibility for the Council's property related interests and provides services for the following functions:
- cost planning and cost control of building construction projects
- design services for new and existing buildings
- electrical and mechanical building engineering services
- energy management
- management and development of the Council's industrial / commercial property portfolio
- professional advice and support for property related matters
- repair and maintenance of the Council's properties
- valuation, acquisition and disposal (by sale or lease) of land and property
Aberdeenshire Council has a responsibility for land, buildings and other assets. These include operational property such as schools, libraries, sports facilities, old peoples homes, hostels and administrative offices from which services are provided to the public.
In order to utilise these operational assets efficiently, Aberdeenshire Council has produced the Corporate Asset Management Plan. The plan outlines the councils' approach to Asset Management and summarises projects identified following asset based service reviews.
This plan will be reviewed and updated annually to ensure strategies correspond with the Council's strategic priorities, best value and the needs of communities.