Ways to Pay
- Direct Debit
- Pay Online (Have your Council Tax reference number to hand)
- Debit/Credit Card
- Internet Banking
- At a Collection Office
- At a Post Office
- In a Lump Sum
Discover the benefits of paying by Direct Debit - simply fill in our online form and we will do the rest.
Setting up a Direct Debit could not be easier. You can now simply:
- Telephone - 08456 08 12 01
- Complete our online form
- Download and complete the Direct Debit Instruction:
Whichever way you choose please have the following information ready:
- Your Council Tax Reference number (shown on your bill)
- Your Bank Account details
Setting up your Direct Debit will mean:
- No queuing, no paperwork, no postage, no cheques to write.
- You will not be charged by us for paying by this method. Any Bank or Building Society charges should be less than for a cheque payment.
- Your arrangement is renewed automatically each year.
- You are still in complete control although we do all the work for you.
- You will still receive your regular bills although these will be for information only.
- You can choose to pay either on the 5th or 20th of each month.
To pay online please ensure you have your Council Tax reference number to hand.
Payment of Council Tax can easily be made by debit/credit card using our Automated Telephone Payment Service. Your Council Tax reference number will be required to make a payment.
The telephone number is 0845 303 9480
You can also contact your Council Tax Team for more information.
There is a surcharge of 2% for paying by Credit Card
If you wish to pay using Internet Banking please contact your Council Tax Team.
Payment can be made by cash, cheque, debit/credit card at any of our Collection Offices.
Cheques should be payable to Aberdeenshire Council and your property address and reference number should be noted on the back of your cheque.
Your payment should reach us by the first day of every month as stated on your bill.
A receipt will be issued on request when making a payment.
If you decide to pay at the Post Office you will need to contact your Council Tax Team to request a card. We will arrange to have a payment card sent to you.
The card can take a couple of days to arrive, but until it does you can still keep paying by cash or cheque at your Collection Office.
Payments made at the Post Office can take up to 7 working days to reach your account. Please ensure you allow sufficient time for your payment to reach your account on the 1st of each month.
If you wish to pay Council Tax arrears for previous years or for a previous property please contact your Council Tax Team, otherwise the payment card can only be used for the current year.
If you elect not to pay by regular monthly instalments, payment of Council Tax can be made in one Lump Sum on or before the 1st April.