Person(s) named on the Council Tax Bill:
The person or people named on the front of the bill is/are responsible for paying the Council Tax for the property. This will be the person who falls into the first category that applies in the following list:
- Resident owner - someone who owns the property and lives in it
- Resident tenant - someone who rents the property and lives in it.
- Sub-tenant - someone who rents the property and lives in it.
- A resident
- The owner - if the property is not subject to a lease and no-one lives in the property.
Two or more Person(s) Jointly Liable:
If there are two or more owners or tenants, they will be jointly responsible for paying the Council Tax, even if we only send the bill to one of them.
- you have a husband or wife, or you live with someone as if you were married
- you and someone else are joint owners/tenants of a property
you are both, individually and together, responsible for making sure that your Council Tax is paid in full.
This includes same sex couples who have entered into a Civil Partnership or those who live together as a couple but who have not entered into a Civil Partnership.