Person(s)Named on the Bill:
The person or people named on the front of the bill is/are responsible for paying the Council Tax for the property. This will be the person who falls into the first category that applies in the following list:
- Someone who owns the property and lives in it
- A tenant living in the property
- A sub-tenant living in the property
- Anyone else living in the property
- The leaseholder
- Anyone else with the right to live in the property
- The owner, if the property is empty
Two or more Person(s) Jointly Liable:
If there are two or more owners or tenants, they will be jointly responsible for paying the Council Tax, even if we only send the bill to one of them.
- you have a husband or wife, or you live with someone as if you were married
- you and someone else are joint owners/tenants of a property
you are both, individually and together, responsible for making sure that your Council Tax is paid in full.
This includes same sex couples who have entered into a Civil Partnership or those who live together as a couple but who have not entered into a Civil Partnership.