Types of Heating - Water
There are various ways in which water can be heated within any one given building.
Below are the different possible ways in which water can be heated:
- Electric immersion heater
- Gas instantaneous water heater
- Electric instantaneous water heater
- Wet central heating system
- Solid fuel fire with traditional back boiler
It must be noted, that regardless of the means by which water is heated in any given building, the target temperature for water in the hot water cylinder is 60°C.
This temperature should not be exceeded, as it would result in unnecessary energy usage and therefore higher costs for those concerned. Water heating, especially in all-electric buildings, can form a significant part of the fuel bill.