Housing Improvement Programme
Improvement works are upgrades we do to your home as part of our 4 year Housing Improvement Programme (HIP). Year 1 of the HIP will run for 12 months from January 2018.
The HIP is part of our 30 year business plan which allows us to plan for improving our council houses and flats. This planning helps us to meet statutory requirements such as the Energy Efficiency Standard for Social Housing.
We have to do these works to meet our obligations to you, about the quality and safety of your home, and to meet those standards set by the Scottish Government. Please play your part and accept the improvements we need to do and make the HIP a success.
There are 4 contractors operating in 4 different areas:
- Everwarm Limited - North Aberdeenshire
- Kier Construction - East Aberdeenshire
- Mitie Property Services (UK) Ltd - Central Aberdeenshire
- Bancon Construction Ltd - South Aberdeenshire
Types of improvement work
The main types of improvement works included in the HIP are upgrades to:
- heating systems
- wall insulation (cavity, external or internal)
- dormer window
- communal door entry
- Photovoltaic solar roof panels
We arrange these works into three separate groups:
- Inside works, for example kitchens, bathrooms, rewiring and heating systems
- Outside works, for example wall insulation, new roof covering and solar roof panels
- Internal Wall Insulation and associated works, for example insulation, rewiring and heating systems
Works on windows and doors may be in either inside or outside work groups.
Our guides provide you with information about the different types of upgrades and what will happen during the works:
- A guide for tenants - upgrade works to the inside of your home (pdf 1.70MB)
- A guide for tenants - upgrade works to the outside of your home (pdf 1.43MB)
- A guide for tenants - upgrade works to windows, doors and common entry systems (1.46 MB)
- A new gas meter - how to ask your gas supplier for a new gas meter (pdf 288KB)
- A new electric meter - how to ask your electricity supplier for a new electric meter (pdf 297KB)