Sport club and coach development
View our timetable of courses and training opportunities.
If you have any questions about courses for coaches, email us at email@example.com.
ClubCAP accreditation scheme
We deliver clubCAP, a quality assurance scheme. This provides a development tool for sports clubs which enables them to demonstrate good practice in how they operate.
The scheme has two accreditation levels; standard and enhanced.
To achieve clubCAP status, clubs need to evidence in four areas:
- club management
- equity and ethics
- your coaching programme
- duty of care and child protection
The benefits of your club going through this scheme include:
- improvements to your club as a result of the scheme
- access to enhanced funding
- a number of free places on generic coach and club development workshops
- use of the approved clubCAP logo
- promotion and recognition by your local authority and sports council
National governing body schemes
A number of Scottish and British governing bodies of sport operate their own club accreditation schemes. If your club is considering club accreditation, find out first if your governing body have their own scheme.
These awards are sports specific and can be transferred across to the appropriate clubCAP award without too much additional work by the club.