A to Z Index:
  • Share this page
    facebook Twitter LinkedIn Google Plus E-mail

Alcohol Licensing and Gaming Information

On these pages you will find information on the range of premises licences available, Provisional Grant of Premises Licences, Grant of Premises Licences, Personal Licences, Occasional Extensions, Occasional Licences, Licensing Board Policies together with Current Adverts, Gambling information and other relevant policies

Full list of Licence Types


Your Area

The licensing of pubs, hotels, restaurants etc. as well as bookmakers and betting offices is administered in three geographic divisions:

  • North (sitting in Peterhead) covers the Banff & Buchan and Buchan Areas and, in the Formartine Area, the Fyvie-Methlick, Turriff East, Turriff West and Upper Ythan wards. Contact the Depute Clerk, St. Leonard's, Sandyhill road, Banff, AB45 1BH. - Tel: 01261 813319 - Email: licensing@aberdeenshire.gov.uk
  • Central (sitting in Inverurie) covers the remainder of the Formartine and the Garioch Area and, in the Marr Area, the Huntly East and West wards. Contact the Depute Clerk, Gordon House, Blackhall road, Inverurie, AB51 3WA. Tel: 01467 628231 - Email: licensing@aberdeenshire.gov.uk
  • South (sitting in Stonehaven) covers the remainder of the Marr Area and the Kincardine & Mearns Area. Contact the Depute Clerk,viewmount, Arduthie road, Stonehaven AB39 2DQ. - Tel: 01569 768256 - Email: licensing@aberdeenshire.gov.uk

Find out which Licensing Area you need to apply to

Find Board dates for your Area

Licensing Standards Officers provide guidance and information to interested parties


Boards' Policy Statements 2013 - 2016

The Policies advise of the trading hours that the Boards allow as well as information on how the Boards expect applicants and Licence Holders to promote the 5 Licensing Objectives

View the Board's Policy Statements


Current Adverts


Occasional Licences


Licensing Forums

Under the Licensing (Scotland) Act 2005 each Council must establish a Local Licensing Forum for their area. Aberdeenshire established three separate Forums for each licensing division; North, Central and South Aberdeenshire.

The Legal and Governance Service is responsible for licensing across Aberdeenshire.


Gambling, Gaming and Lotteries

Click here to access information of the Boards' Statement of Licensing Principles under the Gambling Act 2005.

Application Forms and Guidance can also be found here.


Smoking Policies

Please download these Documents for Aberdeenshire Coucil advice on the Smoking

Smoking Advice 2006

Approved Smoking Enforcement Policy





Freedom of Information