Arbuthnot Museum, Peterhead
MGC Registered Museum
Visit Scotland 2 Star Grading
Discover the wealth of Peterhead's maritime history in one of Aberdeenshire's oldest museums. See models showing the development of Peterhead fishing boats and find out about:
- Peterhead's past
- An important collection of Inuit Artifacts
- Arctic animals, including a Polar Bear
- One of Northern Scotland's largest coin collections
- Temporary exhibitions with regularly changing program of events in Arbuthnot Gallery
- A large collection of photos of Peterhead and the surrounding area.
A range of exhibitions and photograph kits are available for loan.
Tel 01779 477778 or 01771 622807 for further information.
View our Top Ten of photos from the Arbuthnot Museum and find out how to order them.
Opening Hours 2015 - Free admission Open Year Round
Mon,Tues, Thurs & Fri 10.00 am- 12.30 pm & 1.30 pm - 4.00 pm.
Sat 10.00 am - 12.30 pm & 1.30 pm - 3.30 pm
Closed Wednesday, Sunday and Public Holidays
Watch this space for up and coming exhibitions and events in 2015.
Address & Access
St. Peter Street
Parking: nearest car park is York Street (two blocks away); limited street parking beside museum; disabled car parking at nearby bus station at St. Peter Street/Windmill Street corner.
Access: Please find a link to a Disabled Access Guide for Arbuthnot Musem