Kincardine and Mearns Ward Forums back with a bang in 2013
13th February 2013
Following their success in 2012, the next Ward Forums take place on Thursday 21st February 2013.
The Forums take place twice a year and in three separate locations in south, central and north of the Kincardine and Mearns (K&M) Administrative area.
The aim of the Forums is to be a regular opportunity for local people to come together with officers from public, third and business sector organisations around the issues that matter to them in a way that achieves action and, most importantly, results.
Emma Kidd, Local Community Planning Officer, says ‘We hope that communities and partner organisations alike come to recognise these Forums as an effective way of helping us to all work together better to make things happen.’
The focus of each Forum has been identified by the community participants at previous Forums and the content has been guided by a steering group made up of community volunteers and staff from relevant organisations.
The venue and topic of each Forum, all being held on Thursday February 21st from 7pm – 9pm, are as follows:
- Ward 17, K&M North: Support for Community Action: What Do We Need in North Kincardine?
Betteridge Centre, Newtonhill
- Ward 18, K&M Central: What’s Happening with Waste? Can We Increase Recycling and Keep Open Spaces Tidy?
Mackie Academy, Stonehaven
- Ward 19, K&M South: Communities Managing Assets: How Can It Work?
Mearns Community Centre, Laurencekirk
Among the results from the last Forums in September 2012 and the local priorities that were identified:
- Aberdeenshire Council has committed to identifying £320,000 in a future budget towards an All Weather Sports Pitch for Stonehaven
- £300,000 for community facilities at Hillside, Portlethen,
- £40,000 was allocated to a feasibility study of developing part of the old Mearns Academy site in Laurencekirk into a business centre.
The topics addressed at the forums have been directed by the community members involved. If you have an issue you would like to see addressed, get involved and make a difference! For more information see www.ouraberdeenshire.org.uk/kincardinemearns or contact Emma Kidd on 0797 970 8132
For more information on any press-related matter please email firstname.lastname@example.org