You have two options for submitting your application:
Apply Online – you can submit your application online using the Scottish Government e-planning portal. The portal will assist you with selecting the relevant form for your proposal and take you through the steps required to complete, submit and pay for your application. There is a user guide (pdf 820Kb) available for new customers to help you get started.
Apply in Paper – you can still submit your application in paper, downloadable forms are listed below. These should be submitted to our E-Planning Team, Aberdeenshire Council, Viewmount, Arduthie Road, Stonehaven, AB39 2DQ.
Planning Application and Other Consent Forms
- Householder Application
- Full Planning Permission
- Planning Permission in Principle
- Approval of Matters Specified in Conditions
- Mineral Workings Application
- Listed Building Consent
- Conservation Area Consent
- Advertisement Consent
- Prior Notification
- Certificate of Lawfulness – Existing
- Certificate of Lawfulness – Proposed
- Tree Works Application
- Modification or Discharge of Planning Obligation
- High Hedge Application
- Pre-Application Screening Notice
- Proposal of Application Notice
- Pre-Application Local Development
- Do I Need Planning Permission?
- Planning Processing Agreement
Householder Application – use this form for making an application to alter or extend a dwellinghouse or residential flat, or to carry out any works (including buildings) in the garden (garages/driveways etc).
- Householder Application Form (pdf 391Kb)
- Householder Application Guidance Note (pdf 53Kb)
- Householder Application Checklist (pdf 100Kb)
Planning Permission – use this form for making an application for Full Planning Permission (except householder development), Planning Permission in Principle, Approval of Matters Specified in Conditions (AMSC), Applications for Mineral Workings and any Further Application relating to renewal or variation of planning permission.
- Planning Permission Form (pdf 416Kb)
- Planning Permission Guidance Note (pdf 170Kb)
- Full Planning Permission Checklist (pdf 159Kb)
- Planning Permission in Principle Checklist (pdf 93Kb)
- AMSC Checklist (pdf 107Kb)
- Mineral Working Checklist (pdf 104Kb)
- Supporting Information Checklist (pdf 204Kb)
- Transport Assessment Form (pdf 42Kb)
- Providing Drainage for New Development Where Public Sewers are not Available (pdf 162Kb)
- Certificate for Proposed Foul Water Sub-Surface Soakaway (pdf 49Kb)
- Listed Building Consent Form (pdf 640Kb)
- Listed Building Consent Guidance Note (pdf 81Kb)
- Listed Building Consent Checklist (pdf 100Kb)
- Advertisement Consent Form (pdf 93Kb)
- Advertisement Consent Guidance Note (pdf 57Kb)
- Advertisement Consent Checklist (pdf 91Kb)
Prior Notification – use this form for notifying the planning authority of proposals to build or significantly alter/extend a farm or forestry building, install a domestic micro-wind turbine or air-source heat pump, or to demolish a building.
Certificate of Lawfulness for Existing Use or Development – use this form to obtain a decision from the planning authority on whether planning permission is required for existing building works or development that have previously taken place.
- Certificate of Lawfulness – Existing Use Form (pdf 105Kb)
- Certificate of Lawfulness – Existing Use Guidance Note (pdf 58Kb)
- Certificate of Lawfulness – Proposed Use Form (pdf 88Kb)
- Certificate of Lawfulness – Proposed Use Guidance Note (pdf 52Kb)
The following applications cannot be submitted online therefore the only method of submission is by post or emailed to email@example.com.
Pre Application Forms and Other Forms
Major Applications Pre-Application Consultation – use these forms to notify the planning authority of any proposed major/national development, if you are unsure whether the development is a major/national development use the Pre-Application Screening Notice, before submitting the Proposal of Application Notice.
Local Developments Pre Application Enquiry Form - If you are proposing a local development which includes most development not associated with the alterations or extension of an existing house please use the form below and attach appropriate plans or supporting information with your enquiry. Local Developments can include but is not limited to most smaller wind energy proposals (up to 20MW), anything from a single house to under 50 houses, conversions of non residential buildings, changes of use or other small to medium scale business and industrial proposals (as defined in the Hierachy of Development).
- Pre-Application Enquiry Form Local Development (pdf 460kb)
Processing Agreement Template - A planning processing agreement is a project management tool. They can be used to set out the key processes involved in determining a planning application, identifying what information is required, and from whom, and setting timescales for the delivery of various stages of the process.
Processing agreements can deliver a number of benefits including:
- Greater transparency in decision-making for everyone involved in the process
- Greater predictability and certainty over the timing of key stages
- Faster decision-making
- Clearer lines of communication between authority and applicant
- More effective and earlier engagement of key stakeholders
We encourage the use processing agreements, preferably agreed prior to submission, for all major applications. We would also encourage developers to consider entering a processing agreements for local developments that are likely to prove contentious within smaller communities.
Please see the processing agreement template or contact the Planning Department for further information.