Road and Street Light Fault Reporting
Please search for road name\number or address (full help below)
- To report a road fault (pothole, flooding etc) search for the road by name, road number or address. Select the road from the results list and click on the fault reporting link.
- Alternatively, navigate to the road location on the map. Switch on the 'Roads' overlay and click on the road on the map then the fault reporting link.
- To report a faulty street light select the street light from the assets list for the road.
- Alternatively, navigate to the street light location on the map. Switch on the 'Street Lights' overlay and click on the faulty street light on the map. Then click on fault reporting link.
Moving Around the Map
- You can move the map by clicking and holding your left mouse button and scrolling on the screen. Alternatively you can use the pan buttons at the top left of the map window.
- You can zoom in and out using your mousewheel or by using the scale bar on the left-hand side of the map window. The scale bar can be dragged up and down by clicking and holding your left mouse button while hovering over the scale marker or by clicking on the plus or minus icon.
- To jump straight to a town select it from the drop-down list at the top right of the map window.
- Use the address search to zoom in to a particular point. Type in some or all of an address into the Address Search box and click on the Go button. You can search on a postcode (e.g. AB51 3WA) or part of an address (e.g. High Street, Inverurie). The address search results will pop up on top of the map and you can then select the address you are interested in. If you can't find the right address you may need to change your search terms and try again.
Changing the Map View
- You can switch between three backgrounds - map only, aerial photo only or a combination of both. Select your preferred background at the top of the Map View panel to the right of the map.
- To display further information on the map you can select from a number of themes. For example you can view the location of schools and their catchment areas be selecting the Education option. Any number of themes can be selected from the list in the Map View panel.
- Clear any selected overlays be clicking on the Reset button at the bottom right of the map window.