Dawson Court respite flat
Dawson Court is modern, purpose built very sheltered housing complex in Turriff for older people and people with complex care needs.
A flat at Dawson Court has been furnished to provide a short breaks or respite service, allowing us to work out if there is a need for this facility.
Short breaks or respite accommodation gives you the opportunity for a relaxed and enjoyable break away from your normal routine, with the support and care you need.
There are various reasons why you may wish to make use of a short breaks or respite facility, such as:
- you, your carer, or family may need a break or holiday
- an occasional break may help you feel more able to stay in your own home
- the flat can be used to sample life in very sheltered housing if it is thought that this type of accommodation would be more suitable to your needs
The flat is self-contained and spacious, with its own front door to give independence and privacy during your stay. It is attractively furnished and is close to the lounge and dining facilities.
The accommodation includes:
- bathroom (with shower area)
- fully equipped kitchen, including microwave, fridge, toaster, kettle, crockery and cutlery.
The flat is also suitable for people with disabilities. There are separate bathing facilities within the complex to cater for a range of needs.
Facilities and support
The facilities and support available at Dawson Court include:
- experienced staff
- call bell system, if you need help
- 24 hour emergency assistance
- breakfast, lunch and tea each day
- day care centre with services available seven days per week
- specialised bathing facilities
- laundry service
- large spacious lounge and dining room overlooking landscaped gardens
- social, recreational and educational activities
You are encouraged to be as independent as possible during your break and are welcome to take part in social activities which take place regularly.
Additional support and care
Care arrangements are planned prior to your arrival. If you live locally and already have a home carer, it may be possible for that carer to provide your care while staying at Dawson Court. Help from health care staff can also be arranged.
Staff will help you and your family in carefully planning and organising the correct amount of support and care to make your stay in Dawson Court enjoyable and relaxing.
There is a charge for the use of the flat. This is set at an affordable level to encourage people who need a short break or respite to make use of the facilities at Dawson Court.
Details of the cost are available from the Co-ordinator on 01888 568925.
For further information or an informal chat please contact:
Turriff, AB53 4FP
Tel: 01888 568925
If you are interested in a short break or respite at Dawson Court a care manager will visit to discuss your needs and make sure this service is appropriate.
The care manager can arrange for you to visit Dawson Court to look around the complex and the short breaks or respite flat.