Food and Drink
Aberdeenshire Council recognises the importance of the food and drink industry and its relationships to the traditional industry sectors of farming and fishing.
A successful partnership of the private and public sector is the Grampian Food Forum. Set up in 1993, the Grampian Food Forum provides a strategic focus for the development of the food and drink industry in the North East of Scotland.
Use our news pages to find out about what's been happening in the food and drink industry.
Upcoming relevant food and drink industry and Grampian Food Forum events.
Information on the Grampian Food Forum and its activities.
Aberdeenshire is the best place to find:
- The Scottish market leader in luxury dairy ice-cream
- Award winning shortbread
- High quality soft fruits
- Malt whisky distilleries
- The UK's largest ready to eat seafood producer
- Europe's largest white fish landing port
- UK's largest shellfish landing port
- 26% of Scotland's arable land