Homecarers (North West)
|Service||Housing & Social Work|
|Based at||Various Locations within Aberdeenshire|
|Salary||£9.14 to £9.53 per hour|
|Hours||various per week|
For some people the daily living tasks, which many of us take for granted, can become very difficult. That’s why our Homecarers are so vital. They can assist with anything from personal care to assisting with meals to some domestic tasks and general support and guidance.
> You are the kind of person who wants more out of your job. You know that by contributing to your community, you will help other people stay part of it. So naturally, you are very important to us.
Bring all the right people skills – patience, enthusiasm, punctuality, compassion – and we will offer you the chance of a fulfilling career along with fantastic training opportunities which may lead to qualifications. Following Homecarers required: Homecarers to work a combination of daytime and evenings on a three week rota pattern. Homecarers to work covering Homecare hours during the day and evenings. With stand-by during daytime and evening on a rota pattern. Homecarers to work evenings 5pm to 10pm and Stand-by during the night on a three week rota pattern.
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN SUBMITTING AN APPLICATION FORM TO BE KEPT ON FILE UNTIL AN APPROPRIATE VACANCY ARISES THEN WE WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU!
Please state on your application form which area/s you would prefer to work in and the type of hours you are looking for. Positions available within: Portsoy, Whitehills,
This post is regulated work with children and/or protected adults under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act 2007. The preferred candidate will be required to join the PVG Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update check. An offer of employment by Aberdeenshire Council will be subject to the outcome of this check being satisfactory. The preferred candidate will also be required to provide an Overseas Criminal Records Check from other countries as deemed necessary. An offer of employment by Aberdeenshire will be subject to the outcome of this check being satisfactory. The majority of posts within Aberdeenshire Council fall into one of the categories as detailed on the Worksmart website - http://worksmart.aberdeenshire.gov.uk/ Informal Enquiries to: Linda Wood Tel: 01346519994
Home carers are members of a caring team led by the Homecare Supervisor, whose responsibilities are to assist people with disabilities or those who are ill or frail to maintain their ability to live independently in the Community, by providing them with support in their homes. The support given by Home Carers enables the service users to achieve the activities of daily living and maintain their quality of life
Main TasksTo support service users to undertake:
- Tasks associated with maintenance of the home
- Tasks associated with personal care
- Tasks associated with maintaining health
- General tasks
- Communicate effectively with Homecare Supervisor
Experience / Qualifications / Personal Qualities
- Awareness of the needs of older people or people with a disability
- Understanding of the needs and rights of elderly and disabled people
- Ability to work on own initiative and within service guidelines requirements
- Ability to build and sustain appropriate professional relationships
- Ability to travel across Aberdeenshire
- Communication skills – written and verbal
- The post involves manual lifting
- Ability to deal with matters in a confidential manner
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Honest and reliable
- Experience of working in a care setting
- SVQ 2 or equivalent qualification
- Ability to work in challenging situations with diplomacy and tact
- Driving Licence
For further information about this post please contact Linda Wood Tel: 01346519994
Closing date for applications is 30 November 2014.
How to Apply
Apply for Homecarers (North West) - ABS013513 opens in new window