What goes in the wheeled recycling bin

The blue-lidded wheeled bin is for mixed recycling excluding glass.

Green Tick for YesYes please

  • Food and drink cans
  • Aerosols
  • Biscuit and sweet tins
  • Aluminium foil and trays
  • Plastic drinks, detergent and cosmetic bottles
  • Plastic pots, tubs and trays
  • Office paper
  • Newspapers
  • Brochures
  • Magazines
  • Envelopes
  • Greetings cards
  • Phone books and Yellow Pages
  • Shredded paper (please wrap in a large sheet of newspaper or put into a cereal box or similar. This stops it blowing around on windy collection days)
  • Cardboard food packaging / product sleeves (e.g. cereal packaging, egg boxes, toothpaste boxes, cardboard drinking chocolate tubs)
  • Cardboard boxes / Packaging
  • Food and beverage cartons (Tetrapak type containers)

Red Cross for No No thanks

  • Oil or Paint Tins
  • Plastic contaminated with food
  • Plastic bags, liners or film
  • Soft plastic tubes (such as traditional toothpaste tubes)
  • Polystyrene
  • Tissues
  • Metallic wrapping paper
  • Paper / card contaminated with food
  • Painted Paper / Card
  • Glass (please take to recycling point instead)
  • Food waste (use the green food waste caddy)
  • Garden waste (please take to HWRC instead)
  • Small electrical appliances (can be recycled at HWRCs)

You can read our food waste and recycling leaflet (pdf 1.86MB) for more information. 

Help us improve