Recycling and Waste
Bank Holiday Collection 4th May 2015
As usual, normal collections are planned for the Bank holiday 4th May. Please ensure that your waste is presented by 7am to ensure collection. Reduced traffic may result in our crews making their rounds more quickly than usual.
For the most up to date information regarding your collections, like our Recycling and Waste Aberdeenshire Facebook Page.
Enter your address details or postcode to find collection dates and nearest recycling locations.
- What goes in my recycling bin?
- What goes in my food waste bin?
- Household Waste Recycling Centres and Recycling Points
- Household Waste Recycling Centre (HWRC) opening times
- Special uplifts and charges
- How to buy a discounted home compost bin
- Missed Collections
- Additional bins and Assisted Collections
- What happens to your recycling
- Flytipping and Abandoned Vehicles
- Disposal of Asbestos from Domestic Properties
- Collection points for free food waste caddies, battery bags and liners
Refuse & Recycling Services information in Chinese, Latvian, Lithuanian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian and Thai.
Please get in touch if you would like to book a Special Uplift of bulky items, buy a Wheeled Refuse Bin, or request a free Recycling Bin , report a Missed Collection or a problem relating to litter or street cleansing.
Wasteline Number: 0845 600 3 900
Our Waste Team are available to deal with your enquiry, Monday to Friday from 8.00 am to 6.00 pm, except public holidays.
More recycling and waste news stories...
Updates on missed collections or service changes are on our Facebook page
Temporary Garden Waste Facilities have restarted for the season at various locations and times throughout Aberdeenshire. The service will continue until early November.
New recycling and food waste collections
New recycling and food waste collection services have now started in Aberdeenshire and will be rolled out to all areas by March 2015.
- New Services Explained
- New Services - Refuse and Recycling Collections (with map showing when services are being introduced)
Please complete our online form if you are a business and would like us to contact you to discuss setting up a new trade waste/recycling service. We will get in touch as soon as possible.
Changes to the way that waste and recycling are collected were approved at a full meeting of Aberdeenshire Council on Thursday 17 January. The new scheme is designed to help the council meet the Scottish Government’s Zero Waste targets.
Full story (published 17/1/13)