We are experiencing an unprecedented number of queries about ceremonies. All registration requests are reviewed and prioritised and we appreciate your patience. View Registrars arrangements during coronavirus.
Aberdeenshire Registrars provide the following range of services by appointment:
- registration of births, marriages and deaths
- family history research
- ceremonial services (including marriage, civil partnership, renewal of vows, baby naming and citizenship ceremonies)
The registration team can be contacted Monday to Friday between 9am and 5pm.
Registration appointments are available via confidential telephone call with an experienced registrar.
In addition, weekly document signing appointments are available at eight locations in Aberdeenshire for the following purposes:
- Signing the birth register
- Presentation of original documents in respect of forthcoming marriage or civil partnership
- Collection of marriage or civil partnership schedules
Your registrar will reserve a document signing appointment for you during your telephone appointment.
Please note that we may only accept marriage notices for ceremonies taking place within Aberdeenshire. Please refer to our marriage section for further details.
If you require urgent registration assistance out-with office hours, contact us on 01467 533 040. Please note our on-call registrar is available only in cases of genuine emergency.
Office–specific contact details
Please note offices are only accessible to the public if you have an appointment.
Please find office–specific contact details below:
- Banff registration office
- Deeside registration office (Banchory and Aboyne)
- Ellon registration office
- Fraserburgh registration office
- Huntly registration office
- Inverurie registration office
- Peterhead registration office
- Stonehaven registration office