Report a change that affects your benefits

If you are claiming Housing Benefit or Council Tax Reduction and have a change in your circumstances you must inform us. You can email us at or telephone 03456 08 12 00.

When things change at home or at work you need to tell us. You also need to tell us when your income and/or savings change. This includes when your income from other benefits change. This applies to all members of your household.  Please tell us even if you think that the change will not affect your benefit entitlement so that we can give you advice.

You must never rely on any other council service or other external organisations to report the changes for you and your household. If you are in doubt about whether a change will affect your entitlement you should always contact us about this.