Council Tax Reduction

Apply for Council Tax Reduction / Housing Benefit Online here

To qualify for Council Tax Reduction and/or Housing Benefit, you must be:

  • On a low income, whether benefits or low paid work
  • You (and your partner, if you have one) don't have more than £16,000 capital or savings, unless you are getting Pension Credit(Guarantee Credit)

We will need to see evidence of all of your income and savings in order to complete the calculation. Other adults resident in the property are expected to contribute towards the Rent or Council Tax bill, therefore your Benefit/Reduction may be reduced in order to accommodate this.

Note: Council Tax Reduction is not awarded against Water and Sewerage (Waste Water)




Help us improve