Coronavirus (COVID-19)

View updates on coronavirus and council services. If you are affected and need assistance, please visit Grampian Coronavirus (COVID-19) Assistance Hub.

Personal Independence Payment

Personal Independence Payment (PIP) is a new benefit that helps towards some of the extra costs arising from a long term health condition or disability. PIP has replaced Disability Living Allowance (DLA) for working aged claimants.

Claimants are required to contact The Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) by telephone to make an application for PIP. The telephone number is 0800 917 2222.

If you are already in receipt of DLA you will have to make a new application for PIP when the DWP writes to you.

For more information: Personal Independence Payment