COVID-19 Discretionary Business Fund
The aim of this fund is to mitigate the short-term financial challenges being experienced by businesses adversely impacted by restrictions and regulations introduced since October 2020 to control the spread of COVID-19. It enables individual local authorities to direct additional financial support to specific groups, sectors or businesses within their local business communities who are experiencing immediate financial challenges as a result of current restrictions and regulations.
Please note that this fund will be issued on a first come first served basis.
Discretionary Business Fund - Phase Two
This Fund closes to applications at 5pm on Friday, 21st May 2021.
Phase two of Aberdeenshire Council's Discretionary Fund opens to applications on Monday, 19th April 2021.
Phase two provides enhanced grants to existing recipients of the Discretionary Business Fund and also extends eligibility to business types that were previously excluded.
The enhanced grants for existing recipients will be increased in-line with the number of employees that business has, as follows:
|Number of employees||Second payment||Total grant|
|1 to 9||£4,000||£6,000|
|10 to 50||£8,000||£10,000|
Businesses will not need to re-apply and the top-up payments will be made following checks on employee numbers.
This will include two groups of businesses that have previously been excluded:
- Eligible business with 50 to 250 employees will be entitled to a single grant payment of £20,000
- New start businesses established after March 2020 and before 2nd November 2020 will be entitled to a single grant equating to 50% of the grant for existing businesses, grant payments are dependent on number of employees as follows:
|Number of employees||Total grant|
|1 to 9||£3,000|
|10 to 50||£5,000|
Previous recipients do not need to re-apply. The payments will be made automatically and Aberdeenshire Council will contact you if further checks are required.
- Business trading prior to 2nd November 2020
- Business must be based in Aberdeenshire
- Must have a valid VAT, PAYE, Companies House registration, SCIO, CIC or UTR number
- Business has not been eligible for any coronavirus funding since October 2020
- Business must have had a turnover of greater than £250 per month
- Business has not received an enforcement notice as a result of breaching COVID-19 regulations
- Business is not in administration, insolvency or received notice to be struck off Companies House
- Business can evidence a 30%, negative, financial impact from COVID-19 restrictions
- For businesses with employees: a copy of most recent payroll report submitted to HMRC, this can be either a summary of your submission report or detailed RTI report
How to apply
To apply please complete the relevant application form, available in two formats:
- Discretionary Fund application form - phase two (pdf 182KB)
- Discretionary Fund application form - phase two (docx 48KB)
- Discretionary Fund application form - new start (pdf 183KB)
- Discretionary Fund application form - new start (docx 47KB)
Please send the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org together with the necessary evidence outlined within the application.
View case studies to find out how some businesses have benefited from the Discretionary Business Fund.