View updates on coronavirus (COVID-19) and council services. A postcode checker has been launched to make it easy to find out what the COVID protection level is where you live. If you are affected and need assistance, please visit Grampian Coronavirus (COVID-19) Assistance Hub.
COVID-19 Discretionary Business Fund
Update 2nd February 2021: recipients of the Self-employed Income Support Scheme are now eligible for this fund.
The aim of this fund is to mitigate the short term financial challenges being experienced by businesses adversely impacted by restrictions and regulations introduced since October 2020 to control the spread of COVID-19. It enables individual local authorities to direct additional financial support to specific groups, sectors or businesses within their local business communities who are experiencing immediate financial challenges as a result of current restrictions and regulations.
The Discretionary Business Fund provides a one-off payment of £2,000 to successful applicants. Please note that this fund will be issued on a first come first served basis.
- Business trading prior to 23rd March 2020
- Must be based in Aberdeenshire and have fewer than 50 FTE employees
- Must have a valid VAT, PAYE, Companies House registration, SCIO, CIC or UTR number
- Business has not been eligible for any coronavirus funding since October 2020
- Before March 2020 must have had a turnover of greater than £250 per month
- Business has not received an enforcement notice as a result of breaching COVID-19 regulations
- Business is not in administration, insolvency or received notice to be struck off Companies House
- Business can evidence a 30%, negative, financial impact from COVID-19 restrictions
How to apply
To apply please complete the application form, available in two formats:
Please send the completed form to email@example.com together with the necessary evidence outlined within the application.
View our business fund privacy notice (pdf 67KB).