Choose how to pay Business Rates
Your Business Rates Bill will show your current method of payment, the amount of each instalment and the due date by which each payment must reach us.
Each year payment of Business Rates is required to be made over ten monthly instalments, starting in May and finishing in February of the following year.
Payments are due on the 21st of each month.
Alternatively, you can pay in full for the year in one lump sum on or before 30 September.
- Direct Debit
- Pay Online (Have your Business Rates reference number to hand)
- Debit/Credit Card
- Internet Banking
- At a Collection Office
- In a lump sum
Discover the benefits of paying by Direct Debit.
Setting up a Direct Debit could not be easier.
- You can fill in the online Business Rates Direct Debit Application Form
- Or, simply telephone 01346 519622
- Or, download and complete the Direct Debit Instruction:
Whichever way you choose please have the following information ready:
- Your Business Rates Reference number (shown on your bill)
- Your Bank Account details
Setting up your Direct Debit will mean:
- No queuing, no paperwork, no postage, no cheques to write.
- You will not be charged by us for paying by this method. Any Bank or Building Society charges should be less than for a cheque payment or Standing Order.
- Your arrangement is renewed automatically each year.
- You are still in complete control although we do all the work for you.
- You will still receive your regular bills although these will be for information only.
- Regular budgeted payment will be collected on the 21st of each month.
Please note: if you change your Business premises address you will have to complete a new Direct Debit instruction.
To pay online please ensure you have your Business Rates reference number to hand.
If you wish to pay by Debit/Credit Card please use our Automated Telephone Payment Service.
Your Business Rates reference number will be required to make a payment.
The telephone number is 03456 08 12 01 (option 1)
Please note that there is a surcharge of 1.5% for paying by Credit Card.
If you wish to pay using Internet Banking please contact your Business Rates Team.
In Person at a Collection Office
Payment can be made by cash, cheque or debit/credit card at any of our Collection Offices.
Cheques should be payable to Aberdeenshire Council and your property address and reference number should be noted on the back of your cheque.
Your payment should reach us by the 21st day of every month as stated on your bill.
A receipt will be issued on request when making a payment.
If you elect not to pay by regular monthly instalments, payment of Business Rates can be made in one Lump Sum on or before 30th September.