Environmental Health and Training in Occupational Health and Safety
- Do you have a business in Aberdeenshire?
- Do health and safety requirements confuse you?
- Do you want to increase your knowledge of health and safety?
- Do you want a safe workforce?
Whether you are an employer, employee, self-employed or just interested, Aberdeenshire Council is offering you an opportunity to gain further knowledge of health and safety and obtain an Elementary Health and Safety Certificate accredited by The Royal Environmental Health Institute of Scotland (REHIS).
- "Unsafe working environment and dangerous procedures resulted in the death of an employee and a fine of £100,000 plus £7,171 costs"
- "Poor Health and Safety cost one organisation 37% of its profits and put another small firm out of business"
- "Five workers were hospitalised after a cleaning chemical spillage. Sand was used to absorb the spillage, but there was insufficient sand and the strong-smelling vapour given off resulted in the workers being taken to hospital with respiratory problems. The court fined the company £35,000 with £12,500 costs"
- Duty holders found guilty of health and safety offences by Local authorities received fines totalling £2 856 523 an average fine per conviction of £8102 (2009/2010).
Courses will be held throughout Aberdeenshire, wherever there is sufficient demand.
There will be a short, multiple-choice question paper at the end of the course.
Successful completion will result in being awarded a nationally-recognised certificate in Elementary Health and Safety.
The cost of £93.00 includes:
- 6 hours of tuition (one day or 2 x ½ days)
- Handouts and course handbook
- Examination fee
- Refreshments during the course
- Health and safety legislation
- Accidents and ill health
- Risk assessments
- First aid at work
- Personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Health, safety and welfare
- Work equipment and machinery
- Fire prevention
- Health hazards
- Hazardous substances
- Ergonomics and workstation design
- Manual Handling
For further information about this training please contact:
Food and Safety Support Officer
Planning and Environmental Services
Tel: 01467 539044