Environmental Health and Training in Occupational Health and Safety
- Do you have a business in Aberdeenshire?
- Do health and safety requirements confuse you?
- Do you want to increase your knowledge of health and safety?
- Do you want a safe workforce?
Whether you are an employer, employee, self-employed or just interested, Aberdeenshire Council is offering you an opportunity to gain further knowledge of health and safety and obtain an Elementary Health & Safety Certificate accredited by The Royal Environmental Health Institute of Scotland (REHIS).
- "Unsafe working environment and dangerous procedures resulted in the death of an employee and a fine of £100,000 plus £7,171 costs"
- "Poor Health and Safety cost one organisation 37% of its profits and put another small firm out of business"
- "Five workers were hospitalised after a cleaning chemical spillage. Sand was used to absorb the spillage, but there was insufficient sand and the strong-smelling vapour given off resulted in the workers being taken to hospital with respiratory problems. The court fined the company £35,000 with £12,500 costs"
- Duty holders found guilty of health and safety offences by Local authorities received fines totalling £2 856 523 an average fine per conviction of £8102 (2009/2010).
Courses will be held throughout Aberdeenshire, wherever there is sufficient demand.
There will be a short, multiple-choice question paper at the end of the course.
Successful completion will result in being awarded a nationally-recognised certificate in Elementary Health & Safety.
The cost of £90.50 includes:
- 6 hours of tuition (one day or 2 x ½ days)
- Handouts and course handbook
- Examination fee
- Refreshments during the course
- Health and safety legislation
- Accidents and ill health
- Risk assessments
- First aid at work
- Personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Health, safety and welfare
- Work equipment and machinery
- Fire prevention
- Health hazards
- Hazardous substances
- Ergonomics and workstation design
- Manual Handling
For further information about this training please contact:
Food and Safety Support Officer
Planning and Environmental Services
Tel: 01467 539044