The Employment Support Team
The Employment Support Team (EST) operates throughout Aberdeenshire offering one-to-one Key Worker support to citizens. The Employment Support Team assists citizens who are actively seeking employment, who may require training or perhaps need a little help to sustain their employment.
Some of our areas of support include flexible childcare arrangements, transport (bus tickets) and other support to help with employment opportunities.
Who can use the service?
Our services are free and confidential, and available to anyone in Aberdeenshire such as:
- Citizens on low incomes, long-term unemployed, newly unemployed or returners to the employment market,
- Citizens with other stresses in the household (for example disability, mental health issues, drug and alcohol problems;
- anyone entering employment, trying to keep jobs or improve their hours/earnings; and/or going into further and higher education
How can Employment Support Team help?
- Supporting you to move from benefits into employment, only if it is the right time for you;
- Building confidence, assistance with CVs and job applications, job club information, digital training to help you cope with online stuff like Universal Job Match and job application forms;
- Practical help in setting and moving towards your own personal goals with Key Worker support;
- Information on learning, training and employment opportunities;
- Support finding affordable, flexible childcare and access to short term financial help with childcare costs;
- Advice about money and benefits.
The Employment Support Team will work with you every step of the way into learning, training & employment.
Employment Support Team
Thainstone Business Centre