Economic Development strategies and reports
Find out more about:
- Economic development strategy
- Annual reviews
- Action plans
- Destination Aberdeen and Aberdeenshire
- Economic development updates
- Other reports
View Economic Development privacy notice (PDF 174KB).
Economic Development strategy
Aberdeenshire Council will create the conditions for sustainable economic growth, diversification and regeneration within Aberdeenshire and the wider region by attracting and supporting businesses and industries and developing communities:
- Regional Economic Strategy - A 20-year vision for the well-being of the place and our people (PDF 1.63MB)
- Regional Economic Strategy - 2018-2023 Action Plan (PDF 2.42MB)
- Regional Economic Strategy - Statement in response to COVID-19 (PDF 343KB)
- Regional Economic Strategy - Securing the Future of the North East Economy 2016 (PDF 2MB)
The purpose of the review is to provide a summary of the work undertaken in the past year by the Economic Development service.
- Economic Development Annual Review 2018 - 2019 (PDF 2.1MB)
- Economic Development Annual Review 2017 - 2018 (PDF 3.14MB)
- Economic Development Annual Review 2016 - 2017 (PDF 2.35MB)
View Economic Development priorities 2017 - 2021 (PDF 1.15MB).
Destination Aberdeen and Aberdeenshire
View destination Aberdeen and Aberdeenshire 2018 - 2023 (PDF 5.9KB) published by Visit Aberdeenshire, an organisation supported by Aberdeenshire Council, Aberdeen City Council, Opportunity North East, Scottish Enterprise and Visit Scotland.
Economic Development updates
The purpose of the Update is to provide a bi-monthly review of the recent work undertaken by the Economic Development service.
View Economic Development Update November and December 2019.
Find out more about:
- A focus Regeneration Strategy for Aberdeenshire 2013 - 2018 (PDF 831KB)
- The land based sector in NE Scotland - Facing the Future March 2016 (PDF 2.9MB)
- East Grampian Coastal Partnership - Turning the Plastic Tide Annual Review 2019 (PDF 3.8MB)
- Business Case Assessment - The Scottish Seafood Centre for Excellence (PDF 1.4MB)
- Future-Proofing the Seafood Industry full report - June 2020
- Future-Proofing the Seafood Industry summary report - June 2020