Business Recovery and Growth Scheme
The fund is closed to new applications. Existing applications will be processed in order of receipt.
The Business Recovery and Growth Scheme (BRAGS) is a grant scheme to help existing businesses.
BRAGS supports established businesses based and operating in Aberdeenshire to grow, innovate or diversify. Designed to help recovery from the coronavirus pandemic, the grant can help businesses to:
- maintain income streams and future proof the business
- capitalise on product and market development opportunities
- promote economic recovery
- sustain and enhance existing jobs
- create new employment opportunities
If there is an alternative source of funding, such as a nationally funded scheme, you should apply for this first.
Funding for this has been provided by the Scottish Government.
View the BRAGS privacy notice (PDF 169KB).
How much you can apply for
Grants of £2,500, £5,000 and £10,000 are available. These should make up a maximum of 75% of the total project costs and you must provide at least 25% of the funding. Project costs should be at least:
- £3,333 to receive a £2,500 grant
- £6,666 to receive a £5,000 grant
- £13,333 to receive a £10,000 grant
The grant scheme is open to all businesses trading for at least 6 months, including:
- sole traders
- limited liability partnerships
- limited companies
- registered charities
- third sector organisations
Businesses must be based and operating in Aberdeenshire to qualify. You can apply if you have received a COVID-19 grant from the Scottish Government or from our Discretionary Business Fund, but the application must be for a new project or expense.
Any grant awarded through BRAGS will be awarded as Minimal Financial Assistance under Article 36 of the Subsidy Control Act 2022. There is a maximum of £315,000 for subsidies provided to any one enterprise over a 3-year period.
An application cannot be made for normal running costs, such as staff or rent, or for past purchases.
Examples of innovative or diversifying projects can include:
- introducing or developing an online selling function
- buying new equipment to support the manufacturing of a new or existing product
- research and development costs for a new product or service
- introducing a new service as part of a diversification programme for the company
- research and marketing costs for entering a new market
Only one grant will be paid per business, regardless of how many premises you operate within Aberdeenshire.
What you need to provide
Alongside your application you will need to provide:
- evidence of your legal status, such as your company registration number or unique tax reference number
- your most recent business bank statement showing evidence of your trading
- a copy of your most recent annual accounts
- quotations in support of the proposed project spend
If you need to discuss an application please contact the officer covering your area.