First Employee Grant scheme
We offer a £1,000 grant as part of our First Employee Grant (FEG) scheme to assist you with taking on a first employee in your business:
We are not able to award the grant if your employee is already working for you when you apply.
The grant is for the first employee of your business only and they should:
- work for a minimum of 30 hours per week
- not be a partner or investor in your business
- not be on a temporary, fixed term, seasonal or a zero hour contract but we may consider 2 part time positions that together equal more than 30 hours per week
- participate in a monitoring visit by a representative of Economic Development before the second payment
Your business should:
- put in place systems to deduct National Insurance and PAYE and comply with current UK employment laws
- be able to afford to take on the employee and be in a position to provide 6 months worth of pay slips at the monitoring visit
- not be part of a group of companies or have a parent company
- be based in Aberdeenshire
Please also note that:
- we consider every case on a discretionary basis and can't promise you will receive our assistance
- the awarding of the grant must not be detrimental to other Aberdeenshire businesses
- we reserve the right to publicise our support to your business by the scheme
- European State Aid rules may restrict us when offering assistance
If you would like more information about the scheme, please contact us.
First Employee Grant Scheme
Aberdeen AB16 5GB
If you need help with your application, you can contact contact us.
The grant is for £1,000. We pay you in 2 instalments once you have met all the criteria.
After we receive your application, we will send you our decision within 14 days.
If your application is successful, you will need to provide documents proving that you have filled the post. This has to be done within 6 months. Upon receipt of your evidence, we will pay you the first £500.
6 months later, during the monitoring visit, we will check that the employee is still in post and how many hours they are working. We will then pay you the second instalment of £500.
If your employee leaves during the first 6 months and you do not replace them, we may not pay you the second instalment. However, you can replace the employee with another within the 6 months time frame.
For further information about this scheme, you can contact our Business Gateway Manager.