Consumer Advice

Consumer advice in Aberdeenshire is now provided in partnership with Citizens Advice Consumer Service, an advice only service which is funded by BIS and covers the whole of Scotland.

If you are looking for information or general help online, check out the Citizens Advice website or the Which? Website dedicated to consumer rights.

Which? have also published an interactive faulty goods tool - The tool allows users to input their specific details of their faulty product, where/when it was purchased, and their desired outcome (refund/repair/replacement), which the tool then generates a bespoke complaint letter for the user.

If you wish to speak to someone, all initial requests for advice should be submitted to Citizens Advice Consumer Service or call : 03454 04 05 06

Citizens Advice Consumer Service provides clear practical advice to help consumers sort out problems and disagreements with suppliers of goods and services. From overcharging to faulty goods and from dodgy workmanship to reporting dishonest traders and scams,  Citizens Advice trained advisers are ready to offer individual solutions for individual problems.

Clearance BargainsMore complex problems or complaints requiring further investigation or assistance are referred to Trading Standards or other advice services.

Aberdeenshire Council Trading Standards can provide assistance in many of these cases by making representations to suppliers and providing advice on the preparation of Small Claims.

Data protection

If your complaint is passed to Trading Standards we will need to retain your details to allow us to handle your complaint. Please see our consumer advice privacy notice which explains in detail how your data will be processed. 



To speak to a Consumer Adviser please call:

03454 04 05 06 or visit


You can now follow Aberdeenshire Trading Standards on Twitter. 

Help us improve