Community Learning and Development
Learn something new and improve your skills for life and work
We work with adults, young people and communities to changes lives and strengthen communities through learning.
The Community Learning and Development Team are part of Aberdeenshire Council’s Education and Children’s Services, and we offer:
- Experienced staff who use different learning methods to help people living and working in Aberdeenshire
- Free learning in small groups or one to one; Online and face to face learning is available (where possible)
- Help to learn new skills, improve existing skills and achieve your goals
- Help and support you to get qualifications
We aim to meet the expectations set by the CLD Standards Council for Scotland, who are our professional body.
Learn with us
Refer learners to us
Partners in many other local services including Education, Social Work, NHS, and the Voluntary Sector refer learners to us. Learners can also self-refer by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Community Learning and Development (Scotland) regulations 2013 place a requirement in statute by the Scottish Government for all local authorities to work with partners to produce a CLD plan every three years focussing on:
- Improving life chances for people of all ages through learning, personal development and active citizenship
- Building stronger, more resilient, supportive, influential and inclusive communities
View the Aberdeenshire CLD plan 2021 to 2024.
For more information email us at email@example.com.