View updates on coronavirus (COVID-19) and council services. A postcode checker has been launched to make it easy to find out what the COVID protection level is where you live. If you are affected and need assistance, please visit Grampian Coronavirus (COVID-19) Assistance Hub.
Council's political make up
Aberdeenshire Council is made up of 70 elected councillors. They represent the 19 wards within the authority area. 6 wards have 3 councillors each and 13 wards have 4 councillors.
The 70 councillors make up the following groups:
- 9 - Aligned Independent
- 18 - Conservative
- 2 - Democratic Independent and Green Group
- 3 - Independent
- 1 - Scottish Labour
- 14 - Scottish Liberal Democrat
- 1 - Scottish Libertarian Party
- 19 - Scottish National Party
- 2 - Social Democratic Group
- 1 - Unaligned Independent
View a list of all councillors.