Reinforced Autoclaved Aerated Concrete (RAAC) was commonly used in public buildings constructed between the mid-1950s and 1990s, but it has also been used in some homes. We have been working to check if there are any council properties that contain RAAC. 


Find out about impact of RAAC in Aberdeenshire schools.

Council homes

We have completed a desktop survey of all council housing and are undertaking onsite inspections for a small number of low-risk properties. So far RAAC has not been identified in any council housing. If any RAAC was found, then the tenants of these homes would be contacted by the Housing team.

Private homes

If you are concerned that the home you own, or are renting, may contain RAAC, we strongly recommend that either you or your landlord have it inspected by a qualified Chartered Structural Engineer, in accordance with the guidance issued by the Scottish Government and the Institute of Structural Engineers. The council cannot provide property, legal or financial advice. You can find contact details for suitably qualified professionals: