Areas and towns
View statistics, facts and figures about Aberdeenshire in our profiles:
Aberdeenshire Profile 2018 (pdf 927KB) presents facts, figures and information about the area including population, age structure, housing, economy, employment, transport links, broadband, environment, climate change, council political make up and budget.
View map of Aberdeenshire.
Facts, figures and information about Aberdeenshire’s 6 administrative areas including maps of each area. Land area, population, population density, age structure, economy, industry by sector and number of employees, unemployment, housing stock, house building, house price, political composition, services.
View area profiles from 2018:
- Banff and Buchan profile (pdf 381KB)
- Buchan profile (pdf 373KB)
- Formartine profile (pdf 354KB)
- Kincardine and Mearns profile (pdf 354KB)
- Garioch profile (pdf 364KB)
- Marr profile (pdf 401KB)
Facts, figures and information about Aberdeenshire’s 16 main towns. Population, age structure, housing stock, house building, house price, school rolls and academic attainment, income, unemployment, deprivation, crime, businesses by sector, industrial land, travel to work data, council tax bands, distance to services and transport, localities.
View our 2019 main town profiles:
- Banchory town profile (pdf 1.3MB)
- Banff town profile (pdf 1.4MB)
- Ellon town profile (pdf 669KB)
- Fraserburgh town profile (pdf 669KB)
- Huntly town profile (pdf 663KB)
- Inverurie town profile (pdf 1.2MB)
- Kemnay town profile (pdf 896KB)
- Kintore town profile (pdf 668KB)
- Macduff town profile (pdf 1.4MB)
- Newtonhill town profile (pdf 1.1MB)
- Oldmeldrum town profile (pdf 1.5MB)
- Peterhead town profile (pdf 1.4MB)
- Portlethen town profile (pdf 1.4MB)
- Stonehaven town profile (pdf 1.5MB)
- Turriff town profile (pdf 1.2MB)
- Westhill town profile (pdf 1.5MB)