Areas and towns
View statistics, facts and figures about Aberdeenshire in our profiles:
Aberdeenshire Profile 2016 (pdf 559KB) presents facts, figures and information about the area such as land, population, age structure, gross domestic product (GDP), unemployment, energy industry, Energetica, agriculture, fishing, tourism, transport links, housing stock, housing development, house prices, broadband, environment, climate change, council's political structure, budget and Council Tax.
View map of Aberdeenshire.
Facts, figures and information about Aberdeenshire’s 6 administrative areas including maps of each area. Land area, population, population density, age structure, economy, industry by sector and number of employees, unemployment, housing stock, house building, house price, political composition, services.
View area profiles from 2016:
- Banff and Buchan profile (pdf 381KB)
- Buchan profile (pdf 373KB)
- Formartine profile (pdf 354KB)
- Kincardine and Mearns profile (pdf 354KB)
- Garioch profile (pdf 364KB)
- Marr profile (pdf 401KB)
Facts, figures and information about Aberdeenshire’s 16 main towns. Population, age structure, housing stock, house building, house price, school rolls, income, unemployment, businesses by sector, industrial land, travel to work data.
View our 2017 main town profiles:
- Banchory town profile (pdf 157KB)
- Banff town profile (pdf 154KB)
- Ellon town profile (pdf 156KB)
- Fraserburgh town profile (pdf 163KB)
- Huntly town profile (pdf 155KB)
- Inverurie town profile (pdf 164KB)
- Kemnay town profile (pdf 162KB)
- Kintore town profile (pdf 155KB)
- Macduff town profile (pdf 169KB)
- Newtonhill town profile (pdf 158KB)
- Oldmeldrum town profile (pdf 163KB)
- Peterhead town profile (pdf 160KB)
- Portlethen town profile (pdf 150KB)
- Stonehaven town profile (pdf 157KB)
- Turriff town profile (pdf 166KB)
- Westhill town profile (pdf 154KB)