Building communities for the future
This design award category focuses on residential developments. The scheme will not only deliver well designed and attractive housing, it will also demonstrate how a considered layout, incorporating landscaping and green open spaces, can create communities as well as deliver on housing need.
Entries must have been completed within the past two years.
There are a number of things you should know before you enter the design awards:
Projects must show exceptional merit and quality to receive an award. In addition to the individual category requirements all entries will be judged on the overarching criteria of:
- sustainability - response to envisaged context, natural capital, energy, transport and health
- innovation - demonstrate how you use innovation to deliver a low energy, low carbon, sustainable solution that is cost effective and deliverable
- cost - your project should reflect the long term cost benefit of the design
For this category, you will need to provide a supporting statement that must not exceed 300 words and should be included within A1 PDFs. It should clarify how your entry complies with both the overall and category specific judging criteria.
As well as your supporting statement, you will need to submit a location plan and images.
Before you submit your entry, ensure that it is in the correct format:
- 2 x A1, single sided, landscape orientation
- PDF format, no crops or bleed
- High resolution files, minimum 300dpi for printing
- CMYK colour no spot
Submissions are now closed.
The first round of judging took place on 20th April 2018.
The 2nd judging stage and site visits (for the built categories) will take place on 13th and 14th June 2018.
The winners will be announced at an award ceremony in October 2018 with all entrants being invited to attend.