A to Z Index:
  • Share this page
    facebook Twitter LinkedIn Google Plus E-mail

Food Premises Registration

Chef in kitchenIf you operate a food business in Aberdeenshire, have recently taken over an existing business or wish to start a new business, it is a legal requirement for you to register with the Environmental Health Service at least 28 days before you intend to open. This registration is free of charge and can be done by completing a food premises registration application form.
You do not require permission to open.
A blank application form can be obtained by clicking on the link below.


Approved Premises

If you intend to manufacture, process, produce or handle products of animal origin such as fish or fish products, shellfish, meat products, minced meat and meat preparations, dairy products or egg products from your premises and supply these products to other establishments your operations may require to be "approved".

The activities carried out in these types of premises are more strictly governed and require a higher standard of structure and operating procedures.

In the first instance you should contact your local Environmental Health office for advice and assistance, however, blank application forms for specific types of products of animal origin are available by clicking on the links below.


Completed forms should be returned to your local Environmental Health office or to:

John Bell
Team Manager (Food & Animal Health and Welfare)
Environmental Health Service
Gordon House
Blackhall Road
AB51 3WA

email: food.safety@aberdeenshire.gov.uk