Issues with our phones
We are having intermittent issues with our phone lines. We are working with our suppliers to resolve them. If you can't get through please hang up and re-dial. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.
Housing allocation policy consultation
The allocation policy is consistent with the council’s social inclusion agenda and sets out how the council carries out its statutory duty of allocating houses based on an assessment of the housing need of applicants. Due to changes introduced by the Housing (Scotland) Act 2014 and the changes to move towards rapid rehousing, the council is required to update its allocation policy.
This web page will give you the opportunity to review what we have come up with and allow you to give us your thoughts and comments. There are a number of ways you can do this. You can attend our live Microsoft Teams events, you can complete the questions with any thoughts and comments on the proposals or you can contact us directly.
In 2019 we gathered views on the current housing allocation policy. As a result of the consultation to this stage, we are proposing some of the following for our new policy:
- The banding system will remain in place
- We have moved towards a Choice Based Lettings approach to provide more choice for applicants
- We have added Local Lettings Initiatives to our policy and propose these are reviewed regularly to make sure they still work for local communities
- We have removed the requirement for applicants to have their children at least 50% of the year to be considered for an additional bedroom
- We have included homeownership as a consideration, however the law says there are certain circumstances where we can’t take this into account, these situations are detailed within the policy
View draft allocation policy (pdf 410KB) for full details.
The video playlist below explains what Choice Based Lettings are; the application and bidding process; and assessment, shortlisting and offers.
Have your say
It is important that you have a say in the development of this policy and we welcome all feedback by 9th August 2020.
We really want to hear your views on our new allocation policy. Because we can’t meet face to face just now, we would like to invite you to meet us virtually. If you have a smartphone, tablet, laptop or computer, you can download the Microsoft Teams App and join us on one of our live events:
- Wednesday 29th July 2020 at 10am - partners only, please contact us to confirm your attendance and we will provide the meeting link
- Wednesday 29th July 2020 at 5pm
- Tuesday 4th August 2020 at 10am
If you can’t make these times but still want to be involved, please contact us. If you missed the live events, you will be able to watch them back. We will publish a link to the recording on this page when it is available.
You can also complete our consultation questions and email them to us. They are available in two formats:
View our finalised locations (pdf 123KB).
If you wish to contact us about this consultation or ask a specific question but cannot attend our events, please email firstname.lastname@example.org before 9th August 2020.