Housing Support

Housing First

Housing First Housing is a support programme for those whose housing needs are made profoundly harder by experience with trauma, addictions and mental health. We work with other support services to help and support you for as long as you want it, with the aim being to help you sustain your tenancy and live in a safe and secure home.

Who can be referred for Housing First Support

Referrals to our Housing First programme are usually made by professionals who work with individuals who may require this service. We can also consider self referrals to our programme. To refer yourself please email or telephone 01467 538125.

To see how your data is processed as part of the housing support assessment, please see our privacy notice (PDF 149KB).

What happens after the assessment has taken place

After we meet you we will take a bit of time to get to know you and talk to you about your circumstances, past experiences, your current situation and what you may need help with. A support plan will be drawn up with input from you as to what you want from the service and the goals you would like assistance to achieve. This will be reviewed along with you at regular intervals and you can discuss with your support worker how best they can help you meet these goals.

We will always try to meet your personal, religious and cultural needs and wishes. We make sure we meet legal, health and safety standards by training our staff properly, and giving them the equipment they need to do their job safely. If your needs change we will agree with you how to change the way we support you.

Complaints process

If you do not believe we are meeting these standards please speak to your Housing First Support Worker or contact the Team Leader for the service on 01467 538905.

Our Housing First Housing support programme is registered with the Care Inspectorate. Details of our service can be viewed on their website.