Houses in Multiple Occupation licence
A House in Multiple Occupation (HMO) is a property occupied by three or more persons, from different families, who share facilities such as kitchens or bathrooms.
The owner of the house is required by law to have an HMO licence from the local authority. The licence aims to make sure the property is safe, well managed and of good quality.
Our application form, guidance notes and associated documents for licensing HMOs are available to download:
- Application form for the grant of licence for a HMO (pdf 238KB)
- Licensing of HMOs guidance notes for landlords (pdf 102 KB)
- 21 day notice of an application for a HMO licence (pdf 56.6KB)
- 21 day notice certificate of compliance - HMO licence (16KB)
- HMO licensing conditions and management standards (pdf 277KB)
- Fire safety information (pdf 122KB)