Energy efficiency explained
Energy efficiency is about saving you money by making sure the energy that goes into heating, lighting and giving power to your home isn’t wasted.
We are committed to doing energy efficiency improvements to help reduce running costs, carbon emissions and the energy used in our council houses and flats as part of our improvement works plan.
Examples of these improvements are:
- installing cavity wall insulation
- installing internal and external wall insulation
- improving loft insulation up to 300mm deep
- using highly efficient ‘A’ rated gas central heating boilers
- installing highly efficient ‘A’ rated windows
- investigating using renewable energy systems
such as solar panels for generating electricity
Not all of these are suitable for all properties.
If you’d like to find out more about saving energy in your home the Energy Saving Trust can give you free independent, expert advice. Visit their website or call Home Energy Scotland free on 0808 808 2282.