Culture, sport and physical activity - service delivery
In February 2018 we held a wider engagement to help us shape the future of culture, sport and physical activity services. These services include libraries, museums, arts developments, sport programmes and development, community sport hubs, leisure and sports facilities, support to clubs and grants.
We gathered views from the public, councillors, local sport and community organisations, other public partners and our staff on the themes and priorities important to them. Based on the findings and to help us deliver these services, we created 2 strategies:
- Sport Physical Activity Strategy - summary leaflet (pdf 2.5MB)
- Sport and Physical Activity Strategy - full version (pdf 182KB)
- Cultural Strategy - summary leaflet (pdf 6MB)
- Cultural Strategy - full version (pdf 321KB)
Both strategies are closely connected and have the same aims:
- Encourage active lifestyles and promote wellbeing with a focus on obesity and mental health
- Provide the best life chances for all our children and young people by raising levels of attainment and achievement
- Support the delivery of the Health and Social Care strategic plan
To introduce and promote both strategies we are organising many events and activities (pdf 161KB) for the public across Aberdeenshire.