Discover the wealth of Peterhead's maritime history in one of Aberdeenshire's oldest museums. See models showing the development of Peterhead fishing boats and find out about:
- Peterhead's past
- An important collection of Inuit artifacts
- Arctic animals, including a polar bear
- One of Northern Scotland's largest coin collections
- Temporary exhibitions with regularly changing program of events in Arbuthnot Museum gallery
- A large collection of photos of Peterhead and the surrounding area
You can take a virtual tour of the Arbuthnot museum. The main Museum displays are situated on the first floor. We regret that due to age and architecture of the building there is no access for wheelchair users or visitors with restricted mobility, however visitors can experience the Virtual Tour situated on the ground floor of the building, inside Peterhead Library.
A range of exhibitions and photograph kits are available for loan. Please contact us for further information.
Christmas period opening times:
|Monday 24th December||10am to 12:30pm and 1pm to 2pm|
|Tuesday 25th December||Closed|
|Wednesday 26th December||Closed|
|Thursday 27th December||10am to 12:30pm and 1pm to 3:30pm|
|Friday 28th December||10am to 12:30pm and 1pm to 3:30pm|
|Saturday 29th December||10am to 12:30pm and 1pm to 3:30pm|
|Sunday 30th December||Closed|
|Monday 31st December||11am to 2pm|
|Tuesday 1st January||10am to 12:30pm and 1pm to 2pm|
|Wednesday 2nd January||Closed|
View Arbuthnot Museum opening times:
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday from 10am to 12.30pm and from 1pm to 3.30pm
- Closed Wednesday and Sunday
You can contact Arbuthnot museum in writing, by telephone or email:
View the Arbuthnot Museum location map.
There is limited street parking beside the museum. More spaces are available at York Street car park.