We have a team of 6 Rangers based across Aberdeenshire to help residents and visitors discover and enjoy our rich natural and cultural heritage:
- Our aims
- School and group sessions
- Sharing knowledge and skills
- Responsible countryside access
- Ranger Service privacy notices
In common with other Ranger Services in Scotland, we have 3 main aims that include:
- providing a warm welcome and provide support to help people enjoy the outdoors
- increasing awareness, understanding, care and responsible use of the natural and cultural heritage
- supporting the sustainable management and use of the outdoors to meet a range objectives
There is no charge for most of our events and sessions, however donations are most welcome. You can make a donation on the day of your session.
We have a wide range of events organised throughout the year to help residents and visitors explore and enjoy our countryside. You can follow our Eventbrite page, where you can make online bookings.
We offer support to schools, colleges, universities and other organised groups to access, understand and enjoy our natural and cultural heritage. Find out how to request a session.
We welcome volunteers, if you wish to volunteers with us you can view our current volunteering opportunities. If you are part of an organisation and are looking to organise a conservation day please contact us.
Rangers are happy to share their skills and knowledge with teachers and other professionals seeking to develop outdoor learning opportunities. Please contact us to discuss your requirements.
You must be responsible when accessing our countryside and respect the interests of others, care for the environment and take responsibility for your own actions.
The Ranger Service can provide advice to users, communities and land managers on access rights and responsibilities. We have produced printable posters and information leaflet for use by community groups and land managers:
- Barbecues and fires in the countryside leaflet (pdf 467KB)
- Barbecues and fires in the countryside poster (pdf 220KB)
- Be a responsible countryside user poster (pdf 211KB)
- Countryside for everyone poster (pdf 242KB)
- Guide for outdoor lovers leaflet (pdf 1.1MB)
- Responsible dog walkers poster (pdf 249KB)
- Quad bikes and scramblers poster (pdf 191KB)