Welcome to the Aberdeenshire Council Ranger Service webpages.
We have a team of 6 rangers based throughout Aberdeenshire, and a Warden plus seasonal staff at the Bennachie Visitor Centre, to help visitors and residents explore and enjoy our rich natural and cultural heritage.
In common with other Ranger Services in Scotland, we have 3 main aims:
- To provide a warm welcome and provide support to help people enjoy the outdoors
- To increase awareness, understanding, care and responsible use of the natural and cultural heritage
- To support the sustainable management and use of the outdoors to meet a range of social, economic and environmental objectives
We organise a range of events designed for you to learn more about your environment, the unique Aberdeenshire countryside and to have fun at the same time.
Schools and groups
See our Schools and Groups page for information specific to schools and other educational/children's/organised groups.
To keep up to date with the Ranger Service you can join us on Facebook.
Our Ranger Service is based in the following areas:
- Ranger Service strategy and reports
- Aden Tree Trail leaflet (pdf 3.76MB)
- Guide for Outdoor Lovers leaflet (pdf 1.1MB)
- Haddo Country Park leaflet (pdf 2.8MB)
- Huntly Bite on the Side Trail leaflet (pdf 560KB)
- Barbecues and fires in the countryside leaflet (pdf 467KB)
- Portlethen Moss leaflet (pdf 500KB)
- Countryside for everyone poster (pdf 242KB)
- Be a responsible countryside user poster (pdf 211KB)
- Responsible dog walkers poster (pdf 249KB)
- Quad bikes and scramblers poster (pdf 191KB)
- Barbecues and fires in the countryside poster (pdf 220KB)