Our aim is to improve opportunities for people with a disability to take part in sport.
Our role and partners
We work with Grampian Disability Sport and have key links with schools, day centres and other agencies to deliver a coordinated approach to disability sport across Aberdeenshire. With Scottish Disability Sport and Grampian Special Olympics, we ensure people with disabilities are included in sport and physical activity opportunities.
With our partners we:
- offer UK Disability Inclusion Training such as Physical Education within schools
- run an annual calendar of events and competitive opportunities
- establish seamless pathways for sporting talent to progress from regional to national structures and international representation and recognise sporting achievement of coaches and athletes in disability sport
- support coaches, leaders, teachers, volunteers and officials through a comprehensive education and training programme
- implement and manage sports specific programmes for athletics, swimming and additional Commonwealth and Paralympic sports
- raise awareness of sporting opportunities for people with disabilities by running core multi sport and sports specific classes
Disability Sport timetables
We offer Disability Sport sessions, holiday programmes and Additional Support Needs (ASN) school sports calendar.
Disability Sport sessions
Our Disability Sport sessions are available during term time. To take part in these sessions or get more information contact our Sports Officer.
|Sport||Venue||Date and time||Time||Ages||Cost per session|
|Boccia||Inverurie Academy||Monday||7.15pm to 8.45pm||8 years and over||£3|
|Meiklemill primary, Ellon||Wednesday||5.30pm to 6.30pm||All ages||£2|
|Football||Fraserburgh Academy||Wednesday (every 2 weeks)||7pm to 8.30pm||P7 to S6||£3|
|Inverurie Academy||Tuesday||6.30pm to 7.30pm||All ages||£4|
|Gymnastics||Garioch Community Centre, Inverurie||Friday||11.15am to 12.15pm||16 years and over||£3|
|Indoor bowls||Garioch Indoor Bowling Centre, Inverurie||Thursday (every 2 weeks)||5.30pm to 6.30pm||14 years and over||£3|
|Ten pin bowling||Wednesday||7.15pm to 8.15pm||16 years and over||£3|
|Tubing||Alford Ski Centre||Saturday 3rd March||1pm to 2pm||All ages||Ski centre prices|
|Saturday 7th April||1pm to 2pm||All ages|
|Saturday 5th May||1pm to 2pm||All ages|
View our Easter holiday programme 2018.
|Sport||Venue||Date||Time||Ages||Cost per session|
|Ten pin bowling||Garioch Indoor Bowling Centre, Inverurie||Tuesday 3rd April||2pm to 3pm||Mixed||£4|
|Tuesday 10th April||2pm to 3pm||Mixed||£4|
|Tubing||Alford Ski Centre||Saturday 7th April||1pm to 2pm||Mixed||£7-£10|
|Adapted cycles||Garioch Sports Centre||Monday 9th April||10am to 11am||Children||£5|
|Thursday 12th April||1pm to 2pm||Adults||£5|
|Boccia and skills||Mintlaw Academy Games Hall||Thursday 5th April||9am to 10am||P1-P3||Free|
|10am to 11am||P4-P7||Free|
|Sunday 8th April||3pm to 4pm||Over 16 years||Free|
|Kemnay Academy||Thursday 12th April||10am to 11am||P1-P3||Free|
|11am to 12pm||P4-P7||Free|
|Thursday 12th April||12pm to 1pm||P1-P3||Free|
|1pm to 2pm||P4-P7||Free|
|Multisports||MacDuff Sports Centre||Thursday 9th April||10am to 11.30am||P1-P3||Free|
|1pm to 2.30pm||P4-P7||Free|
|3pm to 4.30pm||S1-S6||Free|
To book any other activity, please complete the disability sport Easter holiday activities application form (pdf 573KB) and sent it to our Sports Officer.