Our aim is to improve opportunities for people with a disability to take part in sport.
Our role and partners
We work with Grampian Disability Sport and have key links with schools, day centres and other agencies to deliver a coordinated approach to disability sport across Aberdeenshire. With Scottish Disability Sport and Grampian Special Olympics, we ensure people with disabilities are included in sport and physical activity opportunities.
With our partners we:
- offer UK Disability Inclusion Training such as Physical Education within schools
- run an annual calendar of events and competitive opportunities
- establish seamless pathways for sporting talent to progress from regional to national structures and international representation and recognise sporting achievement of coaches and athletes in disability sport
- support coaches, leaders, teachers, volunteers and officials through a comprehensive education and training programme
- implement and manage sports specific programmes for athletics, swimming and additional Commonwealth and Paralympic sports
- raise awareness of sporting opportunities for people with disabilities by running core multi sport and sports specific classes
Disability Sport timetables
We offer Disability Sport sessions, holiday programmes and Additional Support Needs (ASN) school sports calendar.
Disability Sport sessions
Our Disability Sport sessions are available during term time. To take part in these sessions or get more information contact our Sports Officer.
|Sport||Venue||Date and time||Ages||Cost per session|
|Boccia||Inverurie Academy||Monday - 7.15pm to 8.45pm||8 years and over||£3|
|Meiklemill primary, Ellon||Wednesday - 5.30pm to 6.30pm||All ages||£2|
|Football||Fraserburgh Academy||Wednesday (every 2 weeks) - 7pm to 8.30pm||P7 to S6||£3|
|Inverurie Academy||Tuesday - 6.30pm to 7.30pm||All ages||£4|
|Gymnastics||Garioch Community Centre, Inverurie||Friday - 11.15am to 12.15pm||16 years and over||£3|
|Indoor bowls||Garioch Indoor Bowling Centre, Inverurie||Thursday (every 2 weeks) - 5.30pm to 6.30pm||14 years and over||£3|
|Ten pin bowling||Wednesday - 7.15pm to 8.15pm||16 years and over||£3|
|Tubing||Alford Ski Centre||First Saturday of the month (times vary - contact Alford Ski Centre)||All ages||Ski centre prices|