Child performance licence

Any child under compulsory school leaving age, wishing to take part in any public performances, will only be able to do so under authority of licence granted by the local authority for the area where the child lives.

A licence is necessary for:

  • a performance in connection with a charge (such as an admission fee or wage)
  • any performance in licensed premises (pubs, clubs or any establishment where alcohol is sold
  • any broadcasting performance
  • television performance

All applications for a licence must be made at least 21 days before the performance.

How to apply

To apply for child performance licence print and fill in the application form and checklist:

Please email completed forms to, or return them to Education and Children's Service office.

Application forms are for children attending an Aberdeenshire Council school only.

Children attending a school of another local authority should contact the relevant council for guidance. For children attending a private school, applications should be obtained from that school.


Further information and advice on the regulations can be obtained from the Education and Children's Service office.