Gambling licences and gaming permits
Aberdeenshire Licensing Board's current Gambling Policy came into force on 9th February 2022. The Board’s Gambling Policy has to be renewed every 3 years.
The board has also produced a Local Area Profile which may be of assistance to applicants completing risk assessments. The current profile was approved on 9th February 2022 and will be updated from time to time.
Guidance has been produced for licence holders regarding illegal gambling in licensed premises. A Gambling Commission Fact Sheet is also available.
Dealing with your application
Aberdeenshire Licensing Board as the licensing authority must have regard to the statutory licensing objectives as set out in Section 1 of the Gambling Act 2005. These are:
1) Preventing Gambling from being a source of Crime or Disorder, being associated with Crime or Disorder or being used to support crime.
2) Ensuring that gambling is conducted in a fair and open way
3) Protecting Children and other vulnerable persons from being harmed or exploited by Gambling
- Aberdeenshire Licensing Board – Statement of Licensing Principles (2022 - 2025) (PDF 559KB)
- Aberdeenshire Licensing Board - Local Area Profile (PDF 244KB)
- Aberdeenshire Licensing Board – Combined Scheme of Delegation (PDF 275KB)
Gambling premises licence
The Aberdeenshire Licensing Board deals with applications for bingo halls, casinos, betting premises, adult gaming centres and family entertainment centres.
To apply, download the relevant documents below.
- Gambling premises - Application (PDF 43.7KB)
- Gambling premises - Application for Provisional Statement (PDF 45.6KB)
- Gambling premises - Vary Licence (PDF 44.0KB)
- Gambling premises - Transfer Licence (PDF 43.0KB)
- Gambling premises - Reinstate Licence (PDF 40.8KB)
- Gambling premises - Application for Provisional Statement - vessels only (PDF 43.8KB)
- Gambling Premises - Application - vessels only (PDF 46.8KB)
- Gambling premises - Guidance Notes - General (PDF 103 KB)
- Gambling premises - Guidance Notes (PDF 105 KB)
The Aberdeenshire Licensing Board deals with permits for licensed gaming machine permits and club gaming machine permits.
To apply, download the relevant documents below