We offer a range of online services from automatic alerts for jobs through to school meal payments. These can all be accessed by signing in to myAberdeenshire, powered by myaccount:
What is it?
It is a simple, secure way to access a range of Scottish public services online using just one username and password. You can find out more on the mygovscot website.
Using a single sign in, you can access a range of online services:
- Save card details when making payments
- Alerts available for roadworks updates
- Bin collection dates, local councillors, recycling points, council tax banding, property charges and local events and clubs
- Alerts available for school closures and school transport changes
- Notifications of council vacancies, news and local events
- Access parentsportal, top up school meals balances and view what your child had to eat, and pay for other services and activities
- Access to managing your self-directed support payment card
Your details automatically filled on a range of frequently used forms:
- Payment forms
- Contact us
- Have your say
- Primary school, nursery and childcare places
- Road, street lighting and car park faults
- Occasional licence to sell alcohol
- Taxi and private hire licence
- Birth, death, marriage and civil partner certificates
- Hire a mini bus
- Report missed bins
- Request additional recycling bin
- Occupational Therapy self-assessment
To register, visit the registration page or select the myAberdeenshire button in the top right-hand corner of the council’s website.
You will be asked to register for a new account or use your National Entitlement Card (NEC) number to create an account. You will then be sent a one-time-use password. You should update this password when you sign in to your account for the first time. Registration takes about five minutes and you will be able to access certain services right away but some others may require further verification.
To sign in, visit the myAberdeenshire page. The myAberdeenshire button is also available at the top right corner of the council's website.
If you are having issues with registration, signing in or your account details you can get help on the mygovscot website. Please use their help pages, the help desk form (view the 'Above sections didn't answer my query' section) or the myaccount web chat (bottom right corner).
Get help with registration, signing in or account details
For any other issues with services under the myAberdeenshire umbrella, such as your details not populated properly, please fill in our contact form.